Saturday, September 27, 2014

Life Experience : It's all in the head

All that we see or seem
is but a dream within a dream.

Edgar Allen Poe

I know that I mentioned in my old posts that this life experience is all but in the head. Meaning to say, I have this belief that whatever you “feel” is determined by what your mind absorbs and interprets, consciously or unconsciously. Which follows, that if you can control what you absorb, you pretty much can control the way you experience the world...While this might be an "aha" moment for me, this is actually an old age belief …Remember German philosopher Immanuel Kant, and what he called the phenomenon - meaning "that which appears to be"–and what he called the noumenon - "that which is apprehended")?

There is though, something that seems to be inherent in each of us…some sort of a…personal characteristic or tendencies which makes everyone different…say, unique. I’m not here to argue “tabula rasa” or not “tabula rasa”, genetic encoding or what not. I’m instead, simply just recognizing that said“uniqueness”. What better way to approach life, but to start understanding our own make up? To distinguish what works and what doesn't?

That being said, I’m making a list of my “natural tendencies”…both negative and positive.

On another note,  it is undeniable that the society needs redirection. And perhaps, the simplest way to do good in this realm is to have a “proper” family unit. To raise responsible kids who are literally what makes the future of the society.

P.S
I've figured out what has been draining my energy. Tomorrow is Monday! Good day to start all over again! Plus, I will be out of my cocoon after the interview. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


No comments:

Post a Comment